If you have noticed your gums receding, you may have gum disease. Gum recession is a dental condition that needs to be treated at the earliest before it worsens and possibly leads to tooth loss. Radiant Dental Care has efficient dentists who offer professional care and treatments for gum recession and other dental conditions.
Symptoms and Signs of Gum Disease
- The patient may experience tooth sensitivity as an early sign of gum recession.
- There could be a notch at the gum line, which the patient can feel through touch.
- The patient may notice that they have longer teeth, which indicates gum recession.
What happens if Gum Recession Is Not Treated?
- The patient may experience inflammation in the gums and may become increasingly sensitive.
- The bone structure and the supporting tissues begin to degrade over time.
- Disease-causing bacteria spreads inside the mouth, causing severe dental conditions.
What Is the Treatment for Gum Recession?
Dentists perform various dental procedures that help to treat gum recession. These include:
- Pocket depth reduction: The dentist initiates pocket-depth reduction, which helps to remove bacteria from the gums. The receding gums are secured back to their place over the exposed tooth root.
- Soft Tissue Graft: The dentist performs a graft procedure on patients. Skin from the roof of the mouth or beneath the tongue is taken to perform the soft tissue graft.
- Regeneration: In this process, the dentist utilizes a regenerative material to stimulate the regrowth of the gums. The receded skin is folded back, and the lost bone and tissue regeneration are initiated through dental treatment.
- Deep Cleaning: The dentists provide professional dental cleaning services to the patient, which helps to reduce gum recession. Root planing and scaling helps to remove plaque and tartar from the gum lines and the surface of the teeth. The process cleans the gums and helps to start the healing process.
Some dentists offer laser procedures that help to stimulate the regrowth of gum tissues. Some patients who experience extremely bad gum recession may require a bone graft to restore the tissues around the teeth.
Radiant Dental Care situated in Pasadena, TX, is an equipped dentistry that provides the best treatment plans to patients. Call us at (281) 991-6530 and book an appointment with dentistry to know more about gum diseases and avail of a complete dental checkup.