Teeth whitening includes the process of removing stains from the surface of your teeth and restoring their natural color. It is a one-time procedure that our dentist performs using special dental equipment. These days, many advanced teeth whitening procedures are also available to provide long-lasting and reliable results.
Why Opt for Teeth Whitening?
The enamel of your teeth reflects their natural color. Over time, the enamel stains, leading to discoloration of the teeth. There may be many causes of discoloration, such as eating acidic foods, drinking aerated beverages, consuming alcohol, smoking cigarettes, etc. Your teeth also become stained when you do not care for them properly. Some other reasons that lead to staining of teeth include:
- High intake of fluoride, particularly during childhood
- Damage of permanent teeth as a result of trauma
- Aging leads to erosion of enamel and exposing the dentin
- Certain medical treatments
What is the Procedure of Teeth Whitening?
Our dentist will examine your teeth and dental health to figure out the severity of stains. After this, they will start cleaning your teeth. The plaque on your enamel will be removed using special tools, followed by the process of teeth whitening. During the application of the whitening agent, they will cover your gums.
Some whitening agents may require laser light, and our dentist will use them in case of badly stained teeth. They will also suggest you continue the cleaning process for a few days after the procedure. The duration of your procedure may range between 30-90 minutes. The procedure helps to remove stubborn stains and accumulation on your teeth.
What are the Benefits of Teeth Whitening?
- This cosmetic dental procedure enhances your smile by cleaning your teeth thoroughly and removing all the deposits.
- Professional teeth whitening helps to maintain overall dental hygiene in the long run.
- It is an easygoing procedure that doesn’t require multiple sittings.
- Teeth whitening at the dentist is a safer alternative than store-bought teeth cleaning kits. The latter may irritate your gums and increase sensitivity in the teeth.
How Do I Maintain White Teeth?
After your teeth whitening procedure at the dentist, it is imperative to maintain the whiteness of your teeth. You must brush and floss your teeth regularly using good-quality products twice a day. Avoid excessive consumption of tea or coffee and limit the intake of alcohol. Quit smoking and visit our dentist for a regular dental check-up to maintain better oral health.
Please reach out to our dental practice in Pasadena, TX, to have a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Sprott. Please call us at (281) 991-6530 or schedule an online consultation, and we’ll guide you further.