Dental fillings can protect your mouth from cavities. After removing the unhealthy parts of the tooth and tissue, the holes are filled with a unique material to seal your tooth. This helps stop the decay and prevent its manifestation.
Traditional fillings were quite distinctive-looking because they are made of a substance that is dark-colored or metallic-colored. Fortunately for you, at Radiant Dental Care in Pasadena, TX, we offer tooth-colored fillings or composite fillings, which look much more natural and blend in with your existing natural teeth. They help restore chipped, cracked, worn-out, or decayed teeth. Composite fillings can also be employed for cosmetic improvements like changing the color of your teeth, concealing gapped teeth, and making teeth look even and symmetrical.
What Are the Advantages of Composite Fillings?
The composite fillings have several advantages, including the following:
- Composite or tooth-colored fillings match the look of the natural teeth and help maintain the aesthetics of your mouth.
- Composite fillings can be quickly bonded to the tooth's surface and help strengthen them.
- Composites provide additional support to the existing tooth.
- The fixing of composite fillings is minimally invasive and needs only minimal removal of the enamel.
- Composite fillings do not cause any irritation to the surrounding gum tissues.
- Composite fillings involve a simple procedure that can be accomplished in a short duration.
- Composite fillings can be used to repair chips, cracks, or fractures effortlessly.
How Are Composite Fillings Placed?
Composite fillings can easily be fixed in a single dental visit. Dr. Deborah Sprott will first numb your tooth using anesthesia and prepare your tooth by extracting the decay. The tooth's surface is then carefully cleaned with disinfectants and roughened up to prepare it to bond the filling.
The composite filling is fixed in layers, and a special laser light is used to harden the filling. The tooth is then carefully sculpted and polished to match the color and shape of the neighboring teeth. Some amount of sensitivity can be felt around the treated tooth, but it will eventually subside.
If you are not happy with your current silver fillings, we can replace them and give you natural-looking fillings in their place. You deserve to have a smile that you can be proud of, and we can help you realize that goal. Dr. Deborah Sprott can help provide solutions that will improve your oral health while transforming your smile. Call us today at Radiant Dental Care in Pasadena, TX at (281) 991-6530 to schedule an appointment and know more about composite fillings.