Malocclusion is a major issue in adults and children. Braces have been used to treat malocclusion for many years, but nowadays, Invisalign is gaining popularity for treating misaligned teeth. Invisalign is a thin, custom-made, clear alignment tray that is being used to treat a wide range of malocclusion problems, namely crossbite, overbite, spaced-out teeth, etc. It looks similar to mouth guards that athletes wear and has to be worn by the patient throughout the day. Due to its transparent nature, Invisalign is almost unnoticeable in your mouth.
Treating malocclusion using Invisalign is a simple procedure as it involves minimal pain and discomfort. When you visit our dental office, we will begin with a thorough examination of your mouth. This will help determine the severity of misalignment as well as your candidacy for the treatment. Once your candidacy is approved, we will design a personalized treatment plan for you.
We will scan your mouth using a handheld scanner and take a mold of your mouth. These will be sent to the Invisalign laboratory, where your personalized Invisalign aligners will be fabricated according to the specifications.
Once we have received your Invisalign from the laboratory, you will be called in for an appointment. The aligners will be checked for the perfect size, fit, and comfort and will be handed to you along with the instructions to wear them, your follow-up consultations, and necessary precautions that have to be taken. Any of your queries will also be answered during the appointment. Generally, it is advised to wear Invisalign for at least 22 hours every day.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Invisalign causes minimum pain and discomfort. This is because Invisalign gently pushes your teeth to their orthodontically correct positions, unlike braces that move individual teeth.
- Since it is made up of clear plastic, Invisalign is very difficult to spot in your mouth when you are wearing it. Therefore, you will not have to be concerned about visible metal braces in your mouth.
- There are no metal elements in Invisalign. This reduces the risk of getting injured by wires or brackets in your mouth.
- You are free to take off the Invisalign while eating or brushing. This will promote proper cleaning of your mouth. Also, you will not have to compromise on consuming certain foods and drinks.
- Invisalign is fabricated by highly advanced technology, so every improvement in your teeth' alignment will be closely monitored.
Precautions and After Care
Maintaining good oral health is essential. When you are wearing Invisalign, avoid biting on hard substances like pens, pencils, etc., and never bring Invisalign close to hot liquids as it can change their shape. Wear your aligners positively as per the instructions and visit the dental office for your appointments regularly.
Please reach out to our dental practice in Pasadena, TX, to have a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Sprott. Please call us at (281) 991-6530 or schedule an online consultation, and we'll guide you further.