Invisalign are clear, custom-made plastic aligners that look similar to a mouthguard and serve the purpose of teeth realignment. They have gained popularity nowadays and are used to treat a wide range of malocclusion problems. Not only for adults, but Invisalign is a better and more convenient option for teenagers as well. Invisalign for teens is similar to the regular Invisalign, except there are tiny dots at the back of the aligners for teens that change color from blue to transparent as and when they use it. These dots denote whether or not your child is using the aligners diligently.
Procedure for Invisalign Treatment
The procedure for Invisalign treatment for teens is similar to that for adults. On the first appointment, we will begin with a thorough examination of your child's mouth to determine the severity of malocclusion as well as your child's candidacy for the treatment. Invisalign requires a commitment to wearing them as per instructions to keep seeing results. Your child's candidacy will be approved if he/she is willing to be dedicated to wearing their Invisalign and do not misplace it or forget to wear it.
We will take a digital impression of your child's mouth that will be sent to the Invisalign laboratory, where the aligners will be manufactured as per the specifications. When the alignment trays are fabricated, we will check if they fit perfectly and then give them to your child along with the necessary instructions and precautions. The aligners must be worn for at least 22 hours every day undeniably, and the trays will be changed after every few weeks as per the dentist's instructions.
Benefits of Invisalign for Teens
- Invisalign gently pushes your teeth to their orthodontically correct positions, hence causing little to no pain. Also, the treatment period for Invisalign is shorter than braces in many cases.
- Due to its transparent nature, Invisalign is almost unnoticeable in a person's mouth. This will make your child feel less conscious while talking or smiling and boost their confidence.
- Since Invisalign can be taken off anytime, it will become easier for your child to brush or floss without having to maneuver around braces. Proper oral hygiene means a lesser chance of developing cavities or infections.
- Parents will be able to track the progress of their child's Invisalign treatment with the help of the blue usage indicators.
- Invisalign is less irritating. If you ever had braces, you might know the struggle of brackets rubbing on the inside of your cheeks. Invisalign does not cause any such irritation.
- Since there are no brackets or wires involved in Invisalign, there is no such risk of getting injured by broken wires or brackets.
Certain precautions such as not biting on heard substances and never bringing the aligners close to hard liquids must be taken. Your child must wholeheartedly follow the instructions given and wear the Invisalign regularly for achieving a beautiful smile.
Please reach out to our dental practice in Pasadena, TX, to have a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Sprott. Please call us at (281) 991-6530 or schedule an online consultation, and we'll guide you further.